Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Maverick Pt. 2

Well the cheapy headset got here! I tore into the project again as soon as I go the headset out of the mailbox. It was actually quite easy. If you can solder then its no problem doing this. I didnt take as many pictures as I should have but anyways on to the pictures.


The first thing I had to do was get the headset apart then once I got that apart I needed to figure out how I would run the wires through the flight helmet, to be able to do that the wires needed to be soldered so they would come off of the speakers.



Once I got them off of the speakers I needed to run them through the holes where the existing wires were in the helmet. It was a total pain trying to get them through! I ended up using a small long screwdriver and putting it through the hole till I could see it on the other side then I taped the wires on it and pulled them through. Then I soldered the wires/ microphone back onto the speakers and put them into the helmet. I used the old cups that the speakers were in the helmet to begin with that way it would have the same look on the outside of the helmet. 


The above picture is the finished product! but notice the grey cloth on the inside of the ear cups, remember how it used to be tan? well lets just say superglue and leather don't mix! I had put some on to glue it back on the metal plate on the inside of the ear cup. The glue reacted with the leather or something because it got extremely hot! so hot that I had to drop it because it was burning my hand! so I just put the grey fabric in there instead. I still think it turned out good.



All in all It was a very easy project. I may even try to find a cheap set of turtle beach x12's to try and put into it since they would sound awesome in this helmet.  Total time working on this was about a hour and a half but not all at one time, the total cost was about 25.00 so not bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment