Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A bunch of randoms

Hello again! Today's post will be a bunch of random projects I have started and some that I have completed. I will explain a little about each one.



This first project is a piece of slate that my father found while hunting. He said he believes it was a type of shingle for older houses as there were a bunch of them laying around in the same spot. As you can tell I'm not the greatest with a paintbrush lol. I think it turned out decent though. Once it warms up I'm going to drill two holes in the top and run a small chain from each one and hang it from the bottom of our mailbox.




These next two were just a random idea I had. One day I noticed how bland the light switch covers looked so I wanted to change that. I had a bunch of old neck ties laying around so I started cutting. Its a pretty simple job, just cut the tie to size and glue it on. The bottom picture it turned out great but the top one I had run out of spray glue so its not the best looking.



This is a neat little lamp that I made. When my wife and I got married we used wine bottles and put flowers in them to sit on the tables at the reception. There were tons left over so I grabbed one that looked pretty cool, and grabbed a old broken lamp. I took apart the lamp to get the cord and socket out so I could feed it through the bottle, the only problem was that there is no hole in the bottom of the bottle. In comes the power tools! I grabbed my drill and a glass drill bit and went to town. eventually I got a hole but it was no where big enough for the end of the cord to go through. I had to cut the cord in two and then put it back together. CAUTION!!! do not cut cords and then wrap them back together with electrical tape, use heat shrink or some other type of wire wrap. It needs a new lamp shade but that one works for now.









This is a project I've started but yet to finish. Its a outdoor table I've been making out of pallets. So far I've made two legs and the table top but there is still a ton of work and a ton of sanding to be done. Its turning out pretty nice though!





More pallet projects! This time I made a chair, the top two pictures were taken before I put stain on it. It turned out pretty nice and I have to say its pretty darn comfortable! One day my father came over and saw it, I told him to sit in it because he kept saying that it would be stiff and not very comfortable, boy was he wrong he liked it so much he wants me to make him a few.



This last one is something I made for my wife. Its a key chain with five pennies on it, each penny has a special date on it. The first one is 1988 the year her and I were born, the second is 2007 the year her daughter was born, the third is 2010 the year we started dating, the fourth is 2011 the year we got engaged and the fifth is 2012 the year we got married. 

thats all for now, check back later for more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment