Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A few systems

Over the years I've gotten quite the collection of video game systems. In this post I figured I'd show some of the ones that I have.



Game Boy, Game Boy, Game Boy! In this picture from left to right there is: The classic Game Boy AKA "the brick". My first love as a child I remember countless hours playing Mario in my room. Now the classic Game Boy in the picture is not the original Game Boy I had as a kid. This Game Boy I got from a friend a long time ago. His grandfather worked in the airport and as you can see the black screen protector is gone so someone left it on top of the trash can. My friends grandfather saw it and gave it to him, in turn my buddy gave it to me and I've had it ever since. Its strange because it works so well there aren't even any scratches on the thing, its in mint condition minus the screen protector which I saw that they sell them on eBay so I may hop on over there and pick one up.

Next up is the clear Game Boy Pocket. When I was in elementary school this was the thing to have! sadly I did not have one, although at the time Yo-Yo's were very popular and I had one from Australia called the Black Mamba, everybody wanted it. Lucky for me someone wanted it bad enough to trade me their super awesome clear Game Boy Pocket!

There is also another Game Boy Pocket that one is silver I cant actually remember where I got that one from.

Then comes the biggest leap forward for man kind! Color! the Game Boy Color, paired up with a light that could plug into the top of it I remember countless nights staying up way past my bedtime underneath the covers playing Pokemon Yellow. I actually have two Game Boy Color. Both are the same color except one of them I have converted into solar power. A solar panel is on the back side of it with solar rechargeable batteries on the inside. I will do a post about that later though.

Next up is the Game Boy Advance. New buttons on the top of the case, New shape, Its color plus it takes new cartridges that can pack more gaming into them! It was awesome even though it is purple! With this hand held system came new Pokemon games that could do more, which is always a good thing. I've loved Pokemon since I was a kid and I still do. It wasn't about getting monsters and making them fight each other, it was about an adventure with a group of friends trying to better yourself to become the champion, and as a prize you would have all these new companions that helped you do it.

Now we are getting to the good part. LET THERE BE LIGHT! Yup that's right the Game Boy Advance SP. This little baby was smaller, lighter, still had the amazing new games but the key thing here is that it had a built in light and rechargeable battery! Never again will you have to be directly under a light to be able to play the game. Never again will you have to steal all the AA batteries out of the TV remotes and have your parents tracking you down to get them back. Now the Advance SP in the picture is the second one that ive owned, the first I lost while on vacation with my family. I had just beat the new Mario Brothers game too!

Last but not least is the handheld that changed the name of the game. Literally. Nintendo finally let the Game Boy series of handhelds take a vacation. This pink little beauty is the Nintendo DS Lite. AKA Nintendo Dual Screen. This bad boy can do it all. Two screens, touch screen, rechargeable battery you name it. It also has a new cartridge for the games. This system didn't stay pink for very long it now looks like this.




Don't get me wrong I like pink, but just think of the looks I would get. A 25 year old man playing a pink handheld in public, not going to happen. I switched out the case for a clear blue case as you can see. It was fairly simple, it was my first time taking apart a Nintendo DS but as long as you remember how you took it apart then putting it together is no problem.


Next up is the consoles.




The Nintendo Entertainment System AKA NES. Now as you can see this picture is not actually the NES but it is a really cool game cartridge, controller drawer I've had since I can remember. I don't have a picture of my NES right now as it is in pieces for a good deep cleaning. 28 years of dust and dirt can wreak havoc on a game console, but it does still work perfectly. Microsoft needs to take pointers from Nintendo, seeing as most of the first Xbox 360's got the red ring of death within the first few years, but yet 28 years later the NES is still kicking! 



Next up is the Sony Playstation 2 AKA the PS2. Now this was a system! It had all the bells and whistles. CD/DVD disk reader so you could not only play games but you could watch movies on it too, it had memory card slots so you could have more then one game save along with the option to hook it up to the internet for online play. Now in this picture this is the PS2 that I bought at a yard sale a while back, the case was in pretty rough shape so I decided to modify it a bit. Painted it silver and put some LED's on the inside with a tribal design cut out on the top. My other PS2 is in mint condition but I don't have a picture of that at the moment.


I did end up changing the case on this one as it still looked pretty rough.



Next up, the Nintendo Gamecube. This was a fun little console, Nintendo's try at the rival battle between Microsoft and Sony. It didn't do as well as they hoped but I still love this little system. I did a slight modification to it, found some carbon fiber wrap at the store so I tested it out on the Gamecube, I think it turned out pretty good.



The Xbox 360. I already have a post about this bad boy but its part of my collection so I had to post it.

Now I think its time to end this incredibly long post. I still have a few consoles to post up but I don't have pictures at the moment so that will have to wait till part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment