Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Man Cave Part 2

Hello Again! welcome to part 2 of the Man Cave update.

On to the pictures! I had been searching on the web for some ideas to do around the house and I saw a really cool picture of this table that someone had put pennies on and then put bar counter sealer over top. I had to try it! so I went to the bank and got $10.00 in pennies, I got a very strange look from the clerk behind the counter. 

The below picture is the first picture I have of the process. Its a very tedious job so I didnt take many pictures. Pretty much just get some glue and a whole bunch of pennies and go to town. I started off with a honey comb design in the middle of the table and worked from there. FYI!!! DO NOT use gorilla glue!! it expands and lifts the penny off the table, I ended up using loctite glue very cheap for the amount you get and its easy to use.


These next two pictures I have a bit more progress done. You can also see the glue that I used.


Instead of using the bar counter epoxy I decided to use premixed grout A lot cheaper and very easy to use.




This is what it looks like today. Still not finished but hopefully this summer I will find the motivation to finish it. I still need to cut and add pennies to the edge of the table and to the back of it. I believe it cost somewhere around $35.00 or so to do this. Very cheap for a awesome looking work bench!



Well this concludes this part of the Man cave posts for now. I still need to get some updated pictures but that will come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment